Thursday, March 25, 2010
- One out of three women who meet men online have sex on the first encounter. (40 million people use online personals in the US alone. That means more than 7 million women in the US alone admit to hooking up for one night stand sex with a stranger they met on Craigslist or whatever. Eeeeew.
- And 1 out of 5 of the women who hooked up did not use protection. That means 1 million women every year are having unprotected hook up sex with total strangers they meet online. And those are the ones who admit it. Double eeeeev.
- One out of ten users on online dating sites are scammers. (Oh really?)
- One out of ten sex offenders reportedly use online dating to meet people. (I personally have had the misfortune to meet a few of these sex addicts and players who habitually use personals to hook up. The most common ploy is saying they want a "serious relationship.")
- Online, men lie most about their age, height, and income. (No kidding. Especially their interest in an actual, sincere relationship instead of their chance to be one of those lucky 7 million guys who got laid on a first date that probably cost no more than a latte at Starbucks.)
- Online dating has caused a decline in online porn. (Well, if you can get laid for the cost of a latte, why would you shell out money for phone sex?)
Is it just me, or has morality, commitment and just plain getting to know each other first (for like, at least, you know, a week or two. How about for two lattes?) gone completely out the window?
Are people just too broke in "today's economy" to go on a date and get to know each other's last names before they jump into the back seat of the car and boink?
By the way, statistics of heterosexuals with HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases are soaring. Probably in no small part due to the success of "NSA" ads enabling easy hook ups.
Do you really think someone who doesn't even know you yet and will never see you again gives a hoot if they pass on their little "infection"?
70 million people are living with STDs in the U.S. alone, as well as an estimated 400 million people worldwide. But don't worry. There's an online dating service for that too including Positive Singles, STD Match, Herpes Online, AfterH.com, STDfriends.com, HMates, STDSinglesmeet, FreeSTDsinglesmatch, and Pozmeeting.com.